Literacy and Reading Intervention Strategies
Book a free call and learn more
Students don’t always learn the way we are teaching, so we need to teach the way they learn. We believe that all students can learn to read at proficient and advanced levels.
CSAS will work with your instructional leaders and teachers to refine, rather than replace the programs and practices you already have in place within your school or district.
CSAS Literacy and Reading Intervention Strategies Will Help Teachers To:
- Use curriculum to create units of study, design instruction, and develop assessments to meet the increased learning expectations of grade level content standards based instruction.
- Incorporate reading and writing standards for literacy into history/social studies, science, and technical subjects in grades 6–12.
- Create a balanced approach to literacy instruction that is direct and explicit for at risk students and guided practice through small group and independent opportunities for enrichment.
- Create an inclusive classroom environment that addresses the reading and writing needs of all students through a multi-tiered system of support approach to instruction and intervention.
- Increase students’ knowledge through non-fiction, and close reading instructional strategies.
- Use research validated vocabulary and comprehension instructional strategies to ensure students can read and understand increasingly complex texts.